Acer Predator GX-791 Nvidia Driver

Options

I just installed the newest Nvidia GeForce Driver 375.95 and when I run games in 4K, the FPS go up tp 29.97 - average 29.47 on all games. I had the same issue with the other 375.xx drivers. The last working is 373.06. I would like to ask whether someone else has this problem too and did you manage to fix it somehow. Also I made sure that V-sync is off on both driver and game?The moment I set the graphics of the game on FHD the fps seem normal to me but the problem appears when I try to run the game in 4K. Also I found this:

http://prntscr.com/db7o7i

The frequency of the GPU doesn't appear on Predator Sense when I run this version of the driver. Seems I will stick up with the old driver.

PS: I forgot with this driver when I run the games in 4K the screen is flickering

Processor - Intel Core I7 6820HK

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX980

Thanks

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
-Model number
-Part number(not required, but helpful)
-CPU
-GPU
-Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i read that on  some systems the 375.xx drivers limit the ram frequency and this kills the FPS.

revert back to 373.xx doing a driver clean install from nVidia installation.

I'm not an Acer employee.