Liquid Z220 won't enter hard reset menu

ronmcmahon
ronmcmahon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

When I turn on the phone a white background with the green acer logo and the android wordmark appears, but nothing else happens.  If I try the hard reset button pushing, power down and power button (I've tried other variations) the only difference that happens is that two rows of tiny text appears at the top of the white screen saying:

boot mode: fastboot

lk version: LP-00ef116

nothing else happens.  If left to sit there, eventually (10 minutes?) the phone shuts off.

Any suggestions on how I can get th is working again, even if just to extract the phone numbers on it?

Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ronmcmahon

Thanks for the quick reply!  I've previously viewed your video (easy to find on YouTube) and have tried what you suggest, but it doesn't work.  

• IronFly

so you are only able to enter fastboot?

i think the only solution is to try to reflash android using microSD.

Check your PM

• ronmcmahon
    The phone doesn't actually boot into anything more than the opening white screen. The only difference I can make happen is pushing the appropriate boot menu buttons, which then just shows the two lines of text as per my original post. I've never tried to flash the system with a new OS from an SD card, sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that if the system does nothing more than what I've documented. I'm not sure what you mean by 'PM'.
  • IronFly
    PM= private message
  • shakenbake
    shakenbake Member Posts: 1 New User
    IronFly said:

so you are only able to enter fastboot?

i think the only solution is to try to reflash android using microSD.

Check your PM

Hello Ironfly,

Although this thread is almost two years old, I have the same problem and would like to try to fix my phone.  can you please extend this assitance to my case?

Thanks,

shakenbake
  • ansaarali
    ansaarali Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Ironfly,

Although this thread is many years old, I have the same issue with my acer liquid z220 and try to fix my phone.i try the hard reset,and fast boot but after selecting reboot it come to screen at acer android logo and not acting further may need to flash.can you please extend this assistance to my case?

Thanks,
  • JPinto
    JPinto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem or so,  I am trying to do a hard reset/reformat to factory settings and avoid the recovery mode boot.  Is there any way to reformat without going through the recovery, fastboot, normal or demo mode boot? 

I need to do a hard reset on a mobile phone. 

thanks, 
  • JPinto
    JPinto Member Posts: 2 New User
    It turns out the root was affected, so when I try to do a hard reset, it only prompts the phone to goto recovery mode, is there a more drastic method to clear the memory?  Somehow, there is some sort of security feature that asks for the email used for the phone setup.  This is the step I am trying to overcome so I can clean the phone and start a new.  

any insight would be useful.  
  • LFolland
    LFolland Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had luck following this video to reset:
    https://youtu.be/z4c3V8DXnu4
    You have to remove the battery, hold down the Volume Up button while you re-insert the battery, then press and hold the power button while continuing to hold Volume Up.  When you feel it buzz *twice* release both buttons and press and hold the Volume Down button until the reset menu appears