Laptop making buzzing noise, help?

Options
ErrantPilot34
ErrantPilot34 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer VN7 791 laptop, it's almost two years old and within the last 10 or so months it's been making a buzzing/whirling noise.

It only makes this noise when I'm running a game that's pretty resource intensive.
I've pinpointed the noise to the front end (closest to the user) of the laptop but I can't really tell which side it comes from. It often sounds like it's coming from one or both sides. The two internal components on the left and right side, respectively, are the battery (it's internal) and HDD.

I've used applications and tested both of these components. The HDD seems like it's fine but I dunno, it sometimes sounds like the noise comes from it's side of the laptop. The battery died the other day for the first time, it wouldn't charge and the Acer care problem reported the battery was "damaged due to long term use" but ever since then the battery has been fine and hold a charge. Thing is this issue had occurred for almost a year now and the battery was fine back then.

The longer the use of high resource games when the buzzing is occurring the louder the buzzing seems to become.
So can anyone help me pinpoint what the issue truly is? Thanks!

Also, here's a video of the buzzing, turn the sound up as it's kinda hard to hear. The buzzing is slightly louder in person my phone camera just didn't record very well.

https://youtu.be/TnIMyXVUFcI

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

It's hard to tell exactly where the buzzing is coming from but it could be the speakers because they are located on the bottom towards the front of the laptop, one on each side. In any case, we would recommend repair to resolve this issue. Please contact support for assistance in getting repair from the info posted at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact. 

• HughMunghus
    HughMunghus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey, 

in case you are still having this issue and this laptop heres a fix.

I had the same issue and couldn't find the source of the sound at first..but then I realised that it came from the bottom left speaker.
    So in order to fix this problem you have to either let acer repair the speaker, or you just use USB Headphones.
    If you don't have a USB Headset but use your headphone jack instead, heres a solution for that:

- type realtek in your searchbar and click on audiomanager

- in the top right corner there should be a folder symbol

- click it and enable the pop ups

- pull your headphones out of the headphone jack and put em back in

- chose "headphones" in thr popup menu.

This will disable your speakers but you can hook up any audio device you want.