High Definition Audio Device Code 10 - device cannot start (tried all typical solutions)

shio-kun
shio-kun Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey!

First things first, I'm running an Aspire V3-772g laptop.

After the recent Windows 10 update, I was having issues getting past the lock screen (took AGES to get to the point where I could input my password) and it had been a while, so I reformatted ('reset my PC' deleting all files) - this actually didn't solve my problem, so I used Rufus with a Windows 10 iso from Microsoft to delete all partitions and REALLY start fresh. Ever since, the laptop is running like a dream--in all but one respect.

It seems like no matter WHAT I do, I CANNOT get my HDMI audio / TV to appear as an option in Playback Devices (yes, disabled devices is ticked). Looking in Device Manager, the High Definition Audio Device has an exclamation mark is throwing a code 10 - device unable to start. I've tried uninstalling it, tried installing all drivers from Intel's V3-772g page including chipset, updated my graphics driver / Realtek / Intel HD audio drivers... and yet, nothing. Ran /sfc, ran /chkdsk, nothing.

I read something that led me to believe .NET framework might be part of the issue--and I did actually have quite a bit of difficulty getting 3.5 installed / functional, but I finally did...... and still, nothing!!

I'm seriously losing my mind. I'm having to run my surround sound through an auxiliary cable into the laptop, which is just sacrilege and a fraction of the quality.

If there is ANYTHING, ANYONE can suggest beyond the above, please do!!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

this issue is related to Intel HD audio via HDMI cable, so the driver is in the same package  of Graphic drivers.

Have you tried to manually install the HD audio driver?

you need to unpack the Intel graphic drivers (but not install, you can use 7z to unpack it), then select to update driver of HD audio from Device manager and point to the unpacked folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers