E5-474G Intermittend keyboard lag

Options
s3binator
s3binator Member Posts: 1 New User

I have started to notice intermitted keyboard lag after a sometime of usage. It doesnt matter if I leave the laptop on and do nothing, or if im playing a game, the keyboard sometimes cant keep up with my typing, it comes and goes while I use the laptop.

I know the first thing you will say is do a WINDOWS restore, didn't change anything, also I have ubuntu installed and same thing happens when im working in that OS, it is not the OS.

I saw on another forum that removing the battery, then turning it on relieves the problem, (making the battery the culprit), which I tried ( had to open the laptop up since the battery is not removable externaly), and I never noticed any keybaord lag while the battery was out.

I also plugged in an external keyboard, I had no issues using that keybaord, everything was fine. My guess is that the heat from the battery effects the keyboard controller in someway.

-The keyboard issue happens when I have the AC adapter pluged in and when I dont.

-I've only had the laptop for a few months,  Is there a way to fix this with out replacing the battery?

I do not want to send my laptop away for repair, can I have a battery replacement sent to me? If you guys need for me to send in the laptop, which I wont do, can I at least buy the replacement?

Could you recomend where to buy a replacement battery for this model of laptop? I cant seem to find any on reputable websites.

Answers