Acer Aspire 5735Z/5735

Options
2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi @ilmagnifico2003
    Sorry for late reply, I think @Brand has already answered your query, there's no way to unlock BIOS.
  • Brand
    Brand Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    There might be something on bios-mods but I would not flash it. If you want to spipcy the things up get an SSD, 2+2 gb of ram at 800mhz and a T9600 that is super cheap. If you have 35 euros you can get a T9900. Don't go with the X9100 because it's ways hotter.

With the T9600 you can expect 32°c at idle with a good thermal paste a clean heatsink.

If you wanna go overkill and have some opengl problems you can install the modded intel drivers by nightmayor that you can easily find on google :)
  • Brand
    Options

Hello, everyone.
    I own an Acer Aspire 5735 notebook; I updated BIOS to last version 1.10, available on the link signalised by IronFly; thanks, IronFly, for this.

In order to speed up the performances of my notebook I would like to install on CPU socket a new processor with maximum CPU features; so I decided to buy an Intel QX9300 but my notebook doesn’t boot !!!

Very likely this CPU is not recognised by Phoenix 1.10 BIOS, downloaded from the link posted by IronFly.

Can anyone help me to fix this trouble ?  Do you think it deals with BIOS problem or something else ?

Can anyone post a link for a BIOS version able to recognise this CPU ?

On the other hand, if such a BIOS doesn’t exist, can anyone please tell me which is the maximum performing CPU compatible with socket P present on Acer Aspire 5735 motherboard ?

I found this link on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

As you see you have very large choice :)

The problem is knowing WHICH CPU is the most performing and, at same time, compatible with 1.10 BIOS of Acer Aspire 5735.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

Hi,
    Could you please tell us the current CPU model in your laptop, you could probably go up to T9600 but I need more information about the current CPU, I would suggest you to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for a noticeable improvement in performance.

Hello brummyfan2, sorry for late in replying.

So my CPU is Intel Core Duo T5800 @2.00 GHz.

Is there a way to unlock BIOS (v. 1.10) advanced settings page ?

Is there a special key combination for this ?

T9600 FSB is 1066 MHz, whereas T5800 FSB is 667 Mhz : will I need to change some BIOS settings for this ?

Will be the RAM compatible, once I will have installed T9600, or I will have also to change some BIOS settings in order T9600 will work properly ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello mate!

I have been able on my girlfiend's 5735 on bios 1.07 to install a T9600 and 4gb of ddr2 800mhz. A nice performance bump that, with an SSD, makes windows 10 run flawlessly.

So, go for it if you want to refrash this old notebook :)
  • Brand
    Options

Hello, everyone.
    I own an Acer Aspire 5735 notebook; I updated BIOS to last version 1.10, available on the link signalised by IronFly; thanks, IronFly, for this.

In order to speed up the performances of my notebook I would like to install on CPU socket a new processor with maximum CPU features; so I decided to buy an Intel QX9300 but my notebook doesn’t boot !!!

Very likely this CPU is not recognised by Phoenix 1.10 BIOS, downloaded from the link posted by IronFly.

Can anyone help me to fix this trouble ?  Do you think it deals with BIOS problem or something else ?

Can anyone post a link for a BIOS version able to recognise this CPU ?

On the other hand, if such a BIOS doesn’t exist, can anyone please tell me which is the maximum performing CPU compatible with socket P present on Acer Aspire 5735 motherboard ?

I found this link on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

As you see you have very large choice :)

The problem is knowing WHICH CPU is the most performing and, at same time, compatible with 1.10 BIOS of Acer Aspire 5735.

Every help is welcome.

Thank you.

Hi,
    Could you please tell us the current CPU model in your laptop, you could probably go up to T9600 but I need more information about the current CPU, I would suggest you to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for a noticeable improvement in performance.

Hello brummyfan2, sorry for late in replying.

So my CPU is Intel Core Duo T5800 @2.00 GHz.

Is there a way to unlock BIOS (v. 1.10) advanced settings page ?

Is there a special key combination for this ?

T9600 FSB is 1066 MHz, whereas T5800 FSB is 667 Mhz : will I need to change some BIOS settings for this ?

Will be the RAM compatible, once I will have installed T9600, or I will have also to change some BIOS settings in order T9600 will work properly ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello mate!

I have been able on my girlfiend's 5735 on bios 1.07 to install a T9600 and 4gb of ddr2 800mhz. A nice performance bump that, with an SSD, makes windows 10 run flawlessly.

So, go for it if you want to refrash this old notebook :)
  • Brand
    Options
    @ilmagnifico2003 dude, I don't know if you will ever read this, but tonight I managed to flash bios version 1.10 using a crisis disk with phlash 1.6.9.5 as described in an old topic inside a forum. Now windows can see and use the whole 6 GB of ram I installed. 

So, in this laptop you go up to a T9900 and I assume 4+4GB of ram dual channel. Unfortunately windows says that the ram runs at 667mhz, while cpuz I think says it runs at 800mhz. But I might be wrong.

Also, version 1.10 of the bios does not come with unlocked or more options. 

For some super nerdy purpose I would love to max it out, but it would be too expensive unfortunately. A T9900 and 4+4 sodimm ddr2 can easily pass the 100 Euros mark on Aliexpress. If you add a bigger ssd (not even sata 3) and maybe a caddy, you can buy a Chinese cheap Ultrabook :) 

Well, my gf uses it to play some emulators, a little Photoshop, office, Netflix, YouTube and some web browsing. Everything's works kinda smoothly. Take into consideration that even with upgrades it's a 10 or 12 years old machine. 

Cheers :)
  • Honey42
    Honey42 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Brand said:
    There might be something on bios-mods but I would not flash it. If you want to spipcy the things up get an SSD, 2+2 gb of ram at 800mhz and a T9600 that is super cheap. If you have 35 euros you can get a T9900. Don't go with the X9100 because it's ways hotter.

With the T9600 you can expect 32°c at idle with a good thermal paste a clean heatsink.

If you wanna go overkill and have some opengl problems you can install the modded intel drivers by nightmayor that you can easily find on google :)

Brand said:
    @ilmagnifico2003 dude, I don't know if you will ever read this, but tonight I managed to flash bios version 1.10 using a crisis disk with phlash 1.6.9.5 as described in an old topic inside a forum. Now windows can see and use the whole 6 GB of ram I installed. 

So, in this laptop you go up to a T9900 and I assume 4+4GB of ram dual channel. Unfortunately windows says that the ram runs at 667mhz, while cpuz I think says it runs at 800mhz. But I might be wrong.

Also, version 1.10 of the bios does not come with unlocked or more options. 

For some super nerdy purpose I would love to max it out, but it would be too expensive unfortunately. A T9900 and 4+4 sodimm ddr2 can easily pass the 100 Euros mark on Aliexpress. If you add a bigger ssd (not even sata 3) and maybe a caddy, you can buy a Chinese cheap Ultrabook :) 

Well, my gf uses it to play some emulators, a little Photoshop, office, Netflix, YouTube and some web browsing. Everything's works kinda smoothly. Take into consideration that even with upgrades it's a 10 or 12 years old machine. 

Cheers :)

Hy guys..hope you'll see my comment here...and  maybe u can help me with some info or advise.....so i have this old laptop acer aspire 5735z, and i made some hardware upgrades....yeah ..i know...it's an old one.....and maybe for some ...unworthy to do an upgrade...but for me i do my job and business with it....and also a sentimental value :)
    the upgrades: - cpu from pentium dual core T3200 to intel core duo T7700 - reconized without any problem and whithout bios update
                        - ddr2 ram 2x 4Gb , 800Mhz
                        - ssd 120 Gb kingston + hdd hitachi 500Gb, 7200rpm
    the problem - newly instaled op. system win 10 pro x64 , doesn't see all the 8 gb..and he use just 2.93 Gb.
    i try to do some modifications with msconfig....after seeing some tutorials and other modification ....but nothing....
    i also observed...in the resource monitor ...that i have 5192MB hardware reserved for use by the BIOS and some drivers for other peripherals....that's insane isn't it?.....almost 5 Gb???!!!!! ...do u think ...if i update the bios my  problem will be solved??. the system will see all the 8 Gb?...i read that i can upgrade bios version ( now is 1.07, 8/27/2008, phoenix technologies) to version 1.10 or 1.13....but it's a risky business...if update went wrong the machine will be turned into a brick???
    Info: motherboard : acer cathedral peak u2e1, chipset GL40.
    pls guys ...give me your advise ...what should i do? ( beside buy a newer laptop...:)...)
    also sry for my poor english....i'm romanian....

• girelaine
    girelaine Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:
    The link doesn´t work now. Any alternative? cheers
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Some WinXP/WinVista era machines now seem to be only available at 3rd party download sites. If the machine is otherwise functioning properly without serious issues, BIOS updates are not recommended due to the risk or irreversible side effects.

Jack E/NJ

• girelaine
    girelaine Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IronFly said:
    The link doesn´t work now. Any alternative? thanks.
  • Andryr86
    Andryr86 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi to everyone!

I'm sorry to post on this (not so) old thread.

I've the same problem with an old 5735Z i upgraded with a SSD.

I've already 4GB of ram but the system reserve 1,1GB for hardware and i can't download the 1.10 version of BIOS cause all servers are offline, also 3rd party links don't work.

Anyone can help my?

Thanks! 😉

• Andryr86
    Andryr86 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi JackE

thanks for the reply, but i've already write the 3rd party links don't work.

Did you have the file .exe to flash BIOS?

Thank you for the help!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry, we Acer users on these forums have virutally no influence on if or when these old BIOS firmware files will be available again for download on the new redesigned ACER drivers download site. We are not Acer employees or customer service reps. So you have to keep checking the site like the rest of us users.

Jack E/NJ