Acer Predator 17 G9-792-75ZT SSD Error

jjapora
jjapora Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everyone I recently bought an acer predator 17 in one of the local stores in the Philippines last 5th of October 2016. Over all, the quality is great and It works what is said. I installed some of my favorite games and necessity apps in the computer but after doing so, the system keeps on crashing. I tried to restore it from previous version until such time that it completely become unaccesible.

I tried to run the reset in the system recovery but the samsung mzvpv256hdgl-00000 256gb SSD was locked up. I tried to completely remove the volume and reinstall the partition. It worked a few times but it is really unacessible even after that. I tried to copy some files, reinstall the windows but it says incorrect function. I cannot open the disk itself because of the warranty.

I also noticed that after anything in the ssd, It will disappear causing my laptop to slow down. the controller and lun info was also cannot be located even in the "diskpart" command... What do you think is the possible cause and the solution to this?.

Symptoms:

1. Hardware can be recognized in bios (Inconsistent).

2. Did some reformatting using the administrative tools

3. Reset the bios in both AHCI, RAID and LEGACY UEFI

4. The controller path is not located (0 value)

5. Currently installed windows on the hdd

6. After reformatting or copying a file, the hdd will not be recognized anymore unless reboot.

7. I just installed vlc, microsoft office, sibelius, steam and dota 2 after that it crashed.

8. Currently, SSD is completely reformatted but still cannot "normally" access to it"

9. Used the samsung dedicated nvme driver for SM951 but still same thing

I'm currently working as a seaman so getting it back to manufacturer is not easy. Is it possible that they can change the ssd right away if the found it defective? i mean within that day as well because given the nature of my work. We're not staying in one country much long.

Thanks for anyone who'l' reply. Have a nice day.

Best Answer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓

That is a strange behavior.

I suggest you contact Acer support Center in your region since your Predator Laptop is in warranty as you stated you just purchased. You would have to contact them to know how long it would take to repair or where to take or send the Laptop.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓

That is a strange behavior.

I suggest you contact Acer support Center in your region since your Predator Laptop is in warranty as you stated you just purchased. You would have to contact them to know how long it would take to repair or where to take or send the Laptop.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • jjapora
    jjapora Member Posts: 3 New User
    thanks acer-karp unfortunately the nature of my work is going from one country to another almost every day that's why i am asking if with this kind of situation they can rectify it within like 2-3 hours using my int'l traveller's warranty