When will Acer's tech support improve?

bigmutt
bigmutt Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello everyone.

I'm not particularly new to this forum or to Acer products, but I wanted to post something that would encourage Acer owners to come & use this community forum for help with their Acer computer problems.

I just had another problem with another Acer laptop .... I've owned half a dozen ... and made the mistake of first going to personal, individual tech support for answers.  It's Chat format now,  so I dive in,  and 40 minutes of frustration later,  I'm no further toward solving the problem than I was earlier.

Should have come to the community forum first,  since this is where I found the solution (actually combined several posts into my personal solution.)

COME AND SEARCH THIS FORUM, FOLKS !

do a little searching, a little reading, and you'll avoid that awful, long, drawn-out session with some support person who seems to be playing video games at the same time as they're supposedly helping you. (call centers will do that to you sometimes).

Anyway, Acer tech support were useless, as usual,  and told me I had to do a Restore.  They are worse than useless, actually, since they waste tons of your time and then all they can tell you is to do a complete restore.

When will Acer ever get decent tech support people?  !!!!
When you look at Amazon reviews, for example, under my particular laptop,  you find over a hundred reviews,  large percent being rather negative,  but you'll notice that it's mostly over bad experiences with Acer tech support.   and this is for a thousand dollar machine !!

Supposed to be a product review, right? but instead it ends up with mediocre scores due to Acer's support getting panned.
I personally believe that Acer makes good hardware but what's holding them back is their tech support:  it's horrible !!!  At least the direct, person-to-person assistance

Thank you.  I love Acer machines ... but the only thing that will keep me continuing to purchase them is if they put SOME of that excellent tech support that they invest in this community forum and in their many pages of internet service & support  into their direct-help support staff.

C'mon, Acer: I know you can do it.  Your Troubleshooting Articles, for instance, is excellent. Same with downloads, updates, patches, etc. 

Comments

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

We’re sorry that you weren’t able to get a solution when you contacted our chat support.  We’re constantly working on improving both our online content and assisted services to increase customer satisfaction.  We value your feedback as it helps us improve our service.  I went and searched for the thread you mentioned that solved your issue and marked scotsman’s post as a Solution.  That should help other users find the answer faster.