Aspire V5-573G Webcam Error

jmoody
jmoody Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi there,

I am having some trouble with the Webcam on my Acer Aspire V5-573G. Whenever I use it the camera cuts out and I get an error message saying "We can't find your camera" with an error code: 0xA00F4244(0x80070005)

I have tried to update the drivers using Device Manager but it says that they are up to date. I have checked the camera wiring and it seems fine. I have reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 but that didn't help either. I am out of ideas - the only thing I can think of is that the drivers are in fact the issue, however I don't even know who makes the camera so I can manually search for drivers... Any ideas? Thank you for any help you can give. 

Regards,

Jay

Answers

• daddywoofdawg
    daddywoofdawg Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

acer camera? I.e built in? they have drivers most likely under support.just need to know your ssid or serial #.they have a appp that finds it for you if you dont know.

Find the # then enter that on the support page and it should take you right to the drivers for that camera and system.

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    If your camera is not built in like daddywoofdawg says, then the external camera most likely has the manufacturer on it. However, if it does not, you can reinstall the driver in device manager by right clicking, clicking uninstall, and clicking delete driver. then reboot. the driver should be working now, but if it isn't, look for a model number on the camera and google it to find the manufacturer.
  • jmoody
    jmoody Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi guys, thanks for replying. Yes it is the built in camera that comes standard. I have been to the Acer website and searched for drivers using both the model and the serial number - but can't find any drivers for the camera on there. I have also uninstalled in the Device Manager and reinstalled with no luck. I am wondering if the camera is not compatible with Windows 10 somehow? As it was working fine with Win 8.1.

Cheers,

Jay

• chrisskinnerrn
    chrisskinnerrn Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Please type in the error number and "web cam not working" on you tube, there are several videos there3 that explain how to fix the error, one involves a registry edit, if you are not confident doing it, don't, get a nerd who nderstands using "regedit" to do it. Watch the videos anyway, as they may help you solve your problem rather than paying sharks like Norton and PC Fix It $40 for something you can do for $0.

• Manley1312
    Manley1312 Member Posts: 3 New User

Please type in the error number and "web cam not working" on you tube, there are several videos there3 that explain how to fix the error, one involves a registry edit, if you are not confident doing it, don't, get a nerd who nderstands using "regedit" to do it. Watch the videos anyway, as they may help you solve your problem rather than paying sharks like Norton and PC Fix It $40 for something you can do for $0.

Have watched and followed each YouTube video - STILL NOT WORKING!
    Strange thing is I have NO camera shown in Device Manager. Have searche Acer for drivers - NONE (maybe they are packed with some other driver.

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder

Have watched and followed each YouTube video - STILL NOT WORKING!
    Strange thing is I have NO camera shown in Device Manager. Have searche Acer for drivers - NONE (maybe they are packed with some other driver.

Please start a new Topic of your own, this one is over 2 years old and it helps if there is one question per topic. Thanks

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★