Predator XB241YU - monitor that "doesn't exist"

Pejot82
Pejot82 Member Posts: 2 New User

I've noticed a new g-sync monitor in one of UK online retailers, but there are hardly any information about it. No reviews, no press releases, no news on PC/gaming websites...

This model actually ticks a lot of boxes for what could be my next monitor but I'm worried about complete lack of information. Acer UK does not even confirm the tech specs. I'm only guessing it's the same AU Optronics TN panel used in Dell's S2416dg that appeared about same time. But with Dell's terrible colours due to poor gamma factory settings I'd rather go with Acer. Even to have the the option to tweak the display in odd.

Can anyone from Acer confirm the specs for this monitor and explain why is there no info about this model on the internet (TFT central, pcmonitors, or pretty much any website)

Thanks,

Potential customer

Answers

• Hello,

Exactly the same model apart the power cable

UM.QX1EE.001 Predator XB241YU (Acer UK)

UM.QX1EE.001 Predator XB241YUbmiprz (Acer France - New 08/2016)

UM.QX1AA.001 Predator XB241YUbmiprz (Acer USA) Link

So the LCD panel is:

Spoiler
    KL.23805.011LCD PANEL.23.8'.LED.QHD.NGL

Note:

EE: EMEA - Europe (EMEA means Europe Middle East Africa)

AA: AMERICA - "united states of America" so USA

France
  • Pejot82
    Pejot82 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Laurent,

All good with the specs, but I'm still concerned why this thing has hardly any availability and zero media coverage, at least in Europe. It's only only sold in one online shop in UK, not on Amazon or anywhere else.

It's also weird you can't find any news or review of this monitor and this is a high-end product. 1440p 144Hz G-Sync TN or not, is considered to be something aimed at specific customers and promoted quite a lot before release. But not in this case which makes me wonder if there's something wrong about it.