In the middle of my display screen is a lock icon. How do I enter my password to use AIO

Grundyboat
Grundyboat Member Posts: 2 New User

I am usually not this stupid when it comes to computers, but for the love of me I can't access my all in one I just bought strictly to play Words with Friends on a larger screen than my android phone. 

However, I can't get back to my home page because it seems like there is a lock on the AIO. I did enter a password when I signed in for the first time, but there is nowhere to enter it. 

If I just simply click or double click on the lock it radiates to an unlock icon picture and nothing happens. 

I am using a mouse. Do you have to use a TOUCH to get back in. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered. Actually I am beat if that is the case because the touch screen doesn't seem to respond when the mouse and keyboard are off. Uggh! 

All this aggravation to save my eyesight.

to top it off...when I tried to download the Words with friends app it keeps saying incompatible with my device. It runs ice cream 4.0.4 so it should be compatible. 

I am beginning to think I made an expensive blunder... Maybe I should have just bought readers.   LOL

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please send me a PM with your Serial Number so we can further assist you.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Grundyboat
    Grundyboat Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your assistance, but I think I am going to send the AIO back. I did finally figure out how to unlock by trial and error, however everytime I try to load an android app it always says incompatible with your model. Even Words with Friends can't be added so I just sent it back. Slide locked icon to unlocked icon No where in the directions or manual could I find this info. 

All my laptops are acer or gateway and I have never encountered such issues with any electronic devices. There is no reasons that android apps won't work with this AIO. It has a high enough operating system etc etc but there obviously are some glitches.

The touch capabilities are also an issue. They simply don't work. I have to use a mouse which defeats the purpose of a touch screen.

Too bad because I really liked the idea of it for my android gaming purposes only.