Acer E14 E5-475G-51SV battery manager

doti
doti Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Acer Community! I'm new here...

I just got a new Acer laptop(model in the subject), I was wondering if there is some sort of power management to stop battery to charge further to 100%  (like 80%) to preserve battery life since I mainly use it on AC adapter. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please check link below with information on battery use.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2384#_ga=1.250213381.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • doti
    doti Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello! Thanks for the reply. However, I have already stumbled with this guide. This is what concerns me.

QUOTED FROM THE GUIDE

Conditions that can adversely affect the battery

1. Using the computer on constant AC power.
    2. Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described above.
    3. Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the end of its effective life. An embedded battery has a life span of more than 1,000 charge/discharge cycles.

Number 1, I use the laptop all the time at work so I plug it on constant AC power. I could remove the charger once it hit 100% however, I would get in condition number 3 which I want to avoid too much charge and discharge cycles.

Seems that there is no way to set maximum battery charge and I am stuck using the laptop on constant AC adapter with 100% charge level. I only have the laptop on its 3rd week but it already has 4% battery wear level.

Thanks for the input though.