Acers X34 predator pop/popping sound???

dayday
dayday Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi

I have a Acers X34 predator and when I shut down my computer I get a loud pop/popping sound like a discharge of power or something is this normal ??
Thanks Day 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please contact Acer support in your region for assistance.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • dayday

I have done this and I need to send it in for repair, which I'm not to haappy about, since I've only had it

4 week :/

thanks anyway Day

• DRSEire
    DRSEire Member Posts: 10 New User

I have the same issue.Have mine less than a week also.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We understand that having to send the unit in for repair is not the ideal solution, but if the unit is making a popping sound it needs to be examined by a technician.

Please contact Acer in your region.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • dayday
    I've sent mine in to be repaired, but it's not good for new products been sent back for repairs when they're not even a week old..Acer nothing ever changes :/
  • DRSEire

Agreed.I RMA'D my own today.Don't want a repair I want a new one and if thats the same I will get a refund and buy the ASUS PG348Q.

• dayday
    I should of got it rma'd tbh, but I'll see how it goes,I don't like the asus stand else I would of brought that instead, it was a decision I might regret only time will tell....
  • DRSEire

Tbh the Acer stand is cool but it takes up alot of the desk.Found myself to be too close to it and redulted in sore eyes.Bought a desk mount to fix that.Pls god the next 1 is good.After going 21:9 I will never go back to 16:9.

• dayday
    It does take a while to adjust to the screen, i didn't know where look when I started paying overwatch ????????...my monitor is on its way back to me, should have it tomorrow..
  • DRSEire

Hope all is good brother.Just in time for the weekendSmiley Happy

• dayday
    I'm just building/upgrading my pc, no pc for a week or so :/ it will be worth it tho????

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30052650#post30052650
  • DRSEire

Wow thats a beautiful system.I have never attempted a custom loop myself but i'm starting to get curious.I build and sell a few myself.

As a hobby.Enjoy it very much.

I have a 6700k with dual 1070s here atm for myself.Still want more powerSmiley HappyBeautiful system mate well done.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• dayday
    Thanks mate ????, I used to build computers then I got into fitness and it took over my life, but I missed my pc so I've came back with a vengeance ????....nice system you've got for sale there mate good spec and price.....there is never enough pc power that's fosho ????????

• dayday

Update I've had my monitor back and it was faulty, Acer need to up their quality control:/

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NLl8QnN.png[/img]

• DRSEire

My own must have the same so.Bad Q/C is right.For the premium we pay this should not be happening.OCUK told me on the phone that I may have the exact problem that you had diagnosed so it must be a wide spread fault.I hope they sent it back to you as clean as it left?I read elsewhere about guys sending them back and having them returned to them with scratched bezels etc.

• dayday
    Tbh I had most of the plastic left on, apart from the screen, I was decorating my house finally finished last week.. it looks ok no scratches etc and came back well wrap better than I sent it lol, ....they must of been listening to people complaining ????... I purchased mine from OCUK too... Hope you get it sorted, I will report back soon has I get it up n running...