Acer Predator GX-791 windows 10 anniversary

I am unable to update to windows 10 anniversary as it doesn't appear on the windows update screen.  I know it is not something to write here as it is not very important but a friend of mine who has the predator g9-791 already updated it via the windows update. I want to ask if you were are able to update to windows 10 anniversary too, if not does it appear on your windows update menu at least. I found out that i can update to windows 10 anniversary from microsoft's web page https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12387/windows-10-update-history or it will not be a wise desition as the new windows update still might not be avaliable for my device and by updating, it might mess up my drivers?

P.S. - I recieve new updates for windows 10

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
-Model number
-Part number(not required, but helpful)
-CPU
-GPU
-Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Best Answer

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓

Please check the link below to see the following Windows 10 models that support the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-update

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Thank you for the reply. So there still isn't an update for predator laptops, then I will wait.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• I do not really understand what you're talking about. What should Acer do for this Microsoft Update? You wait for a kind of "go"?

I did encounter some bigger problems with that update due to my special configuration (tripple boot), so I decided to do an fresh install, after creating a disc with windows media cration tool.

It works fine wthout problems. I'm only a bit dissappointed by the new Nvidia driver, or better new Geoforce Experience. I solved that by uninstalling GF.

cheers

steve

• ven98

The anniversary update is avaliable for gx-791 now. Just updated it 3hours ago.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• would you mind to post your windows Built-N. like Version    10.0.14393 Build 14393?

• ven98

Windows version 1607

OS Build 14393.187

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system