Chromebook R11 C738t blink code

clope079
clope079 Member Posts: 2 New User

Power light solid, battery light blinks 7 times before both lights shut off and repeat the pattern. When chromebook is open, I get no display on the screen.

Troubleshooting I have done.....

Reboot

"Esc" + "refresh" + "Power button" to force into dev mode. no success

Charge over night

Discharge battery. (Disconnect battery and power, hold power for 10 seconds, reconnect power, attempt to power on, then reconnect battery. No success.

Reseated LCD cable (for grins and giggles). After disconnected screen from back cover, I layed it down on keyboard (still having LCD cable connected) and saw backlight flickers after the sequence of beep codes. *flicker only occured while screen was down*

Tried replacing screen... no luck. 

Before I swap the main board, has anyone seen this before? Been looking for information of beep/blink codes and I get nothing. 

Thank you in advanced for your time.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

To find additional support for your Chromebook, visit Google's Additional support page.

For more information, visit the Chrome OS Help Center.

Since you tried pretty much every troubleshooting possible, you could try reinstlling the oparating system. Please click link below for farther assistance.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27646

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • clope079
    clope079 Member Posts: 2 New User

I forgot to mention that I have tried this and had no success.cc
    It installs the new OS succesfullly. But, just like previous times, it half loads the CHROME logo and then fails into recovery mode.