V5-572pg gentle fingers vs battery

ohWhatta
ohWhatta Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey there, freefolks!

Got V5-572PG of very very casual use. Battery exhaustion been at something like 5% last time I checked.

I am a native at russian acer community forum and always trying to solve my troubles out there, but that's not enough, though. So, recently, I've installed brand new mSATA SSD, before it I've tried to apply some new grease to keep cool. Everything I did was very gentle and under instructions of service guide and wikihow. Summing up, I've disconnected battery, then fans, then did everything I needed, but very soon ran out of time and had to pass it to the next day. Assembled everything up with the gentlest way world ever seen. Plugged in the charger cord (cause last time I remember it was low on battery), turned it on, it started preparing updates and stuff, after half an hour or so it booted normally from my old HDD. I've checked battery level at 81% and plugged off the cord. Laptop has turned off instantly as if it was not laptop at all. I've tried to turn it on, nothing happened. Rechecked that battery is plugged in as it ever was, turned on again - nothing. Plugged in the cord - it booted, plugged off - no miracles and it turned off instantly. Plugged in again, battery stated its 81%. Left it all to the next day whilst charging in the night. Checked today - 81% and no gamble without the cord.

I've also tried stuff like disabling battery and pushing the button on for 20 sec, checking battery drivers and stuff, no miracles happened that day.

And also, without cord laptop shows no life at all, a solid brick and no indicator lights blinking anyhow.

While the cord is plugged in, the charging indicator states orange light that says its charging. But battery seems to not let the energy in or our anyhow.

Can't provide you with english screenshot at the very moment, but I bet you'll get very words with your feelings.

AA

AA 0B

Best Answer

• ohWhatta
    Answer ✓

Something blocked battery button/trigger (?) that is just a little above the battery itself, it must be pushed in while the back of the laptop closes, but in my case it didn't.

Answers

• ohWhatta

Well, maybe leaving it with battery plugged off did this bad trick?

Also, on the screenshot there's written that it is not charging. And the stuff at AIDA is all about model, s/n and that it works on the cord atm. I'd gladly provide more info if it'd be asked.

• ohWhatta
    Answer ✓

Something blocked battery button/trigger (?) that is just a little above the battery itself, it must be pushed in while the back of the laptop closes, but in my case it didn't.