[root@localhost~] msg showing while switching on new Aspire ES15 with linux. need help

jishnu4acer
jishnu4acer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi,

Recently bought a new Aspire ES15 linux version. while switching on it shows the acer logo and goes to black screen with "Start Linux" and Troubleshooting" message. when I give start linux its ends up in a screen showing "root@localhost". need help.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Congratulations, you succeeded to boot in linux.Smiley Happy

Looks line you have a terminal only linux installed on the system. You don't have GUI linux installed. There is nothing wrong in my opinion with it. If you want a graphical user interface linux, you will need to install it. Try ubuntu for example.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

• mohitsdh
    mohitsdh Member Posts: 2 New User

I am also facing the same issue. I searched a lot on google regarding this. Anyone knows how to use linux through command line interface, as acer is providing inbuilt linux in acer es15 model which is difficult to use by users.

Please share information regarding this query. Please revert asap. Please do not come up with answers like how to format or install windows 7/8/10. i know that thing.

Waiting for revert. Please help me out.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

If you know how to install windows why you don't just install it? If you know how to use.

When you buy the laptop it is specified what OS is installed (or if does not have OS at all) so it's your choice, if you want or not linux.

Teaching how to use command line or bash, it's not easy, but there are plenty of tutorials on the internet.

http://ryanstutorials.net/linuxtutorial/

But don't expect to use it as a windows OS, to navigate on the internet and so on. Unless you will install a different distribution, or you have more knowledge how to install the x11 server to use GUI software, the usage of command line will be very differnt from what you are used on windows machines. I don't say you cannot use it to watch netflix, youtube and so on, but you need knowledge how to setup the machine to run GUI.

• mohitsdh
    mohitsdh Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear Sharky,

The thing is that i know about linux (fedora, ubuntu, mind & redhat) as well. But i dont know which inbuilt linux acer is providing to their customers. Even thought, nothing is specified on website as well about inbuilt linux. Only linux is mentioned over there. As a result, i am facing the issue right now because I dont have my tools right now with me to format & reinstall the same.

Its all acer's fault. Hope you get the thing & even thought technical support team is unable to provide me solution for this. They even don't know how to use this inbuilt linux so that they can guide to their customers.

I am really dissatisfied with acer services.

• Amit1998
    Amit1998 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Recently bought a new Aspire ES15 linux version. while switching on it shows the acer logo and goes to black screen with "Start Linux" and Troubleshooting" message. when I give start linux its ends up in a screen showing "root@localhost". need help.

• Aranau
    Aranau Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,