ACER ICONIA ONE 7 B1-770 16GB charging problems

korky48
korky48 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I purchased a ACER ICONIA ONE 7 B1-770 16GB 2 weeks ago. I charged this new tab for 6 hours prior to staring it up. Went through the procedure of starting up with country etc etc and wifi etc. prior to switching of the battery level was 79%. No other aps were installed at this stage. The next day I attempted to switch on the tab and to my surprise the battery was empty. I re-charged the batter overnight so 100% charged installed 1 app and switched it off (definitely off) next day tried to switch on again but battery empty. This happened 4 times so retailer exchanged for a new one. Guess what exactly the same problem. When I look in Google it appears Acer has a problem with their tabs charging for a number of years on older models as well. So do I take it back for a refund or is there a software problem? This tab is for my wife and it’s a pity to return as it is a very nice tab.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Your tablet may finish charging before the battery indicator reaches 100 percent.

Please check the link below for more information.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34964#_ga=1.19135419.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • MattBW
    MattBW Member Posts: 3 New User

I am having the exact same experience, sorry to hear you are having it too.

Looking at the battery info, it is dropping to about 70 or 80% then suddenly dying. If the tablet can't be left on standby for a few hours without being plugged in its not very portable sadly.

I guess I will return for a refund instead of a replacement.

• Folco
    Folco Member Posts: 3 New User
    Charging issues,to resolve remove back, disconnect battery, reconnect and push the connector very firmly into place,problems has been with middle two connectors not making good enough connection