Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Motherboard Replacement Compatibility

Hello all,

Yesterday my girlfriend accidentally spilt juice on her laptop. Needless to say, it's toast. It won't turn on or anything so I'm thinking the mobo is fried.

The laptop is the Acer Aspire R14 (R5471T-51UN). Because we are both on extremely limited incomes, I am considering purchasing a replacement motherboard for it and attempting the repair myself.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to locate a replacement motherboard easily. But I did manage to find one website http://www.impactcomputers.com that has a board advertised as

"NB.G7W11.00P - MAINBOARD R5-471T I5, R5-471T-52EE For Aspire R5-471T-52EE / R5-471T-52EE Notebook"

It's the closest thing I can find and looks a lot like the one in the laptop. Can anyone confirm or comment/recommend me anything?

Thank you all so very much.

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Posts: 871Acer Crew Acer Crew

While Acer is unable to assist with the repair of this system or guarantee parts from third party vendors, the part number of the mainboard you provided is the same as what is in the parts list for this model. It appears to be a compatible mainboard.