how long should an Acer Aspire battery last and exactly where is the battery in the laptop

sirroger
sirroger Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

My laptop is almost two years old, it is very slow except when the battery is fully charged.  It doesn't hold a charge for very long.  Is the battery something I can replace myself and if so where do I find it in the lap??  Thanks

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Is the battery something I can replace myself and if so where do I find it in the laptop?

Yes, the replacement of the battery is very easy:

You'll find a latch #2 located on the bottom of the laptop. You have to insert a suitable tool into the latch and slide to release the battery #1.

LT-E1-510 Bottom

Here is a replacement battery for your laptop: Link

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

1. What model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • sirroger

Model E1-510-2611.  S/N NXMGRAA015

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Is the battery something I can replace myself and if so where do I find it in the laptop?

Yes, the replacement of the battery is very easy:

You'll find a latch #2 located on the bottom of the laptop. You have to insert a suitable tool into the latch and slide to release the battery #1.

LT-E1-510 Bottom

Here is a replacement battery for your laptop: Link

France
  • sirroger

Thanks for your help.  If I replace the battery will this speed up the computer?

• laurent_14

Hello,

If I replace the battery will this speed up the computer?

Honesly I don't know. First you should perfom a power reset  and try with the AC adapter only and without the battery.

France
  • sirroger

Thank you so much.  Don't know that it's speeded up the computer any but, it did solve another problem I've had for some time now.  I was never able, in the past year, to use the computer when it was plugged in--now I'm using it and it is plugged in.  The speed is really good in the morning after it has been charging all night.  I will try this "fix" for a bit and if the computer is still slow, I will just go ahead and replace the battery.   Again thanks.

• sumona
    sumona Member Posts: 2 New User

LAPTOP BATTERY REPLACEMENT 

How to find the laptop battery specifications

laptop battery specifications

There are different types and sizes of laptop batteries. To determine what laptop battery you have, remove the battery from the laptop and look at the top or bottom of the battery.
    As you can see in the picture, this Dell battery shows that it is an Li-ion battery, has a model number of Li-ion II, rating of 10.8V, 4050mAH, part number (labeled as “P/N”), and a charging current of 2.5A.
    Common laptop batteries are Li-ion, NiMH, and Ni-Cad, with nearly all laptops today using Li-ion batteries.

How to remove old battery :

1. Turn off your laptop and disconnect the AC adapter.

2.Release the latch or other attachment devices that hold your battery in place.

3.Slide the old battery out of its compartment or storage bay.

4.Take the replacement battery out of the box.

5.Slide it into the notch or bay.

6.Close the safety latch to lock it into place.

7.Reconnect the AC adapter and give the battery a full charge.

source : Techyuga