My keyboard on my Aspire R3-131T stopped working but my touchscreen keyboard works... help me please

kawaiigurl20
kawaiigurl20 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I was on my laptop and I was doing my thing and I tried to type somthing on my keyboard and it would not type so now I have to use my touchscreen keyboard I think maybe something got turned off but I don't know how to fix it so please help bcause its faster for me to use my keyboard because I do alot of typing... 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Does any error show in device manager, particularly under "input device" ?

One peculiarity of the R3 is that if you open the display past 180 degrees, it will go into "Tablet" mode and turn the keyboard off. Might try opening the display clear to 360 degrees (flat again), wait a few seconds, then close back to 90 degrees. You should see a crude keyboard display on the screen momentarily.  

• Yelsmrow
    Yelsmrow Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Padgett.

I know this post is old but could you please clarify the 360 rotation of the screen? In fact, the whole method? I ask because after sending my laptop to be checked out with what I believed to be a hardware problem, this fixed it and I would like to be able to "fix it" myself when it happens again.

Thank you in advance. 

One peculiarity of the R3 is that if you open the display past 180 degrees, it will go into "Tablet" mode and turn the keyboard off. Might try opening the display clear to 360 degrees (flat again), wait a few seconds, then close back to 90 degrees. You should see a crude keyboard display on the screen momentarily.