I have an Acer V3-772G which I have had from new (Semi New from Amazon, warehouse cosmetic damage), Have never experienced any issues with powering on/off/charging until recently.
Here is where I am up to;
- Laptop will power up from the battery.
- Laptop will not power up with cable alone (Battery removed).
- When powered up with the batter inserted – the laptop will (according to the battery monitor on the laptop) charge the battery, however, the battery continues to discharge and the laptop will eventually run out of charge.
- When the power cable is inserted whilst the laptop is powered up, the laptop recognises that the cable is connected and will enable the "Plugged in" power settings etc. If I then remove the battery, the laptop powers off.
- Laptop seemingly charges the battery when it is powered off, however, even after a full night plugged in the battery doesn’t have the charge to start the laptop.
- Both the external cable and the battery are in perfect working order (Having tested both with a separate Acer laptop).
- I have opened and cleaned all connectors / fan / CPU / GPU inside the laptop and nothing looks out of place.
- All USB / Optical Drive / HDMI ports ETC all work without issues.
I’m assuming a cable issue and not a main board issue because there are no other faults besides the DC cable (Battery will still power the laptop etc.). I have ordered a replacement 120w internal DC cable from the spare parts website to test my theory.
In the meantime while I wait for the delivery, can anyone suggest what might be the issue? Or if anyone has any further trouble shooting steps I can take, I would greatly appreciate it.