Intel hd graphics: what is specific ?

Options
astrakan70
astrakan70 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter

Hi,

I have a V3-574G Broadwell, Intel HD Graphics 5500. Official driver is from august 5th 2015. It's the one available on acer support website and it's also the one that microsoft will install automatically.

Running the install of a newer one gives an alert about incompatibility because of a manufacturer specificity, and refuse to install.

I know how to force it to install but I'd like to know what exactly is specific ? Is it due to the nvidia additional card ?

Also I'd like to say that Acer should care about drivers update support, Lenovo is by far better with that ...

Anyone knows something about intel hd graphics specificity ?

Thank you.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

HI,

I don't think it's anything specific. I also don't use the "manufacturer recommended" driver on my intel graphics card and it works actually much better than the manufacturer recommended (since the recommended one is buggy Smiley Very Happy ).

I also have dedicated GPU and there is no problem with the intel drivers.  The swiching between the GPU's is controlled by Nvidia optimus technology (comes with Nvidia graphics card). So my opinion is that if you think that the newer driver will improve the system stability, then go ahead and install it.

Many people from the forum don't use the acer driver, and there are plenty of posts on the forum which suggest that for some notebook models the "recommended driver" is actually worse than the intel one. Still, they are recommendedSmiley Very Happy

• astrakan70
    astrakan70 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback !