m3201 motherboard

tech1126
tech1126 Member Posts: 73 Devotee WiFi Icon

what type of cpu is needed for an rs780hvf?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,203 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You'll find a white sticker on the motherboard. There is a string of characters under the bar code. Could you give me the first ten characters? Only the first ten.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You'll find a white sticker on the motherboard. There is a string of characters under the bar code. Could you give me the first ten characters? Only the first ten.

France
  • tech1126

Hi Laurent 14 i have some good news i was able to straighten ouut the pins that were bent and on the heatsink/fan i found a blade which was broken.

I was able to boot up the pc and i was working on the web when the fan began to run at high speed.I restarted the p.c. and the same issue began so i shut it down.

Now i have a new problem and that is :

How to stop the fan from operating at very high speed.

I'll post new problem.

Any ideas on this new problem i would really appreciate it because that aspire m3201 is my primary P.C.

• laurent_14

Hello,

...I found a blade which was broken...

Of the heatsink (fin) or of the fan (blade)?

If it's a blade fan, this one have no longer the same air flow (6 blades instead of 7). Then that's normal it rotates at "high speed". Could you confirm this?

1. Have you  checked the temperature and the fan speed of the processor and loaded the default settings in the bios setup utility?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • tech1126

Hi there Ace Laurent 14 i have more data for you:

I powered up my m3201 a few minutes ago and it ran ok for about 15 mins and then i lost peripherals ie:mouse,keyboard but  the tower stayed powered up so i shut it down.

Upon booting the pc  said on screen the clock was off centered and i pressed f2 to set the CMOS to default and it booted up fine but it was at approx.15 mins when the above happened.

Ok i got these numbers from the MOBO:

04vc82312705

pc rs780m03a1-8ekrs21hm

Now these numbers come from the tower itself:

S\N: PTSAX0X008****  ALL CAPS ON

I was'nt sure which numbers to give you so i gave you all the numbers i found from the MOBO and the tower.

To answer your question in your message:

Yes the HSK/FAN has 7 blades and 1 is broken.

Have i checked the temp and fan speed of processor and loaded the default settings in the BIOS setup utility?

No i have not because i don't know how to do this.

I hope i covered all the areas you've asked for and i look forward to your reply.

Thank you very much for your time and i have to tell you that i am learning from your vast knowledge.

Your the man!!

Talk to you soon,

tech1126

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

[corrected to display proper S/N font]

• laurent_14

Hello,

As I explained in my previous message, you need a new fan. Is it your heatsink+fan? Link.

If it is this one, you'll find a sticker indicating the brand and the part number on the bottom of the fan.

Advise: Stop to use your desktop in this state.

France
  • tech1126

Ok i'll buy a new fan.

What about the BIOS setup utility do i need to pay attention to this?

If so can you please explain how to do this?

Thanks for your help!!

• laurent_14

Hello,

You can only check the temperatures and the speeds in the bios setup utility:

1. Start up your desktop
    2. When you'll see the Acer logo, press [Del]
    3. Select PC Health Status and press [Enter]
    4. Check the values during 10 or 15 minute.
    5. Exit without saving

PS: Did you clean and apply a new thermal paste before to refix the heasink?

France
  • tech1126

Hi L 14

Ok i ordered the thermal paste and i also replaced the HSK/FAN.

I powered up the m3201 and got into the BIOS and i wrote deown the temp and the speed of the fan and i  quickly shut it down.When i apply the paste i will compare the notes from the bios and i should see a dramatic change for the better.

The bios date and time was way off and i reset it so now the pc boots up quickly.

I will let you know how the pc behaves when the paste arrives.

Thanks for your help,

TECH1126