acer aspire v15 v3-574g-70xl battery

fabioferro78
fabioferro78 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I have an acer aspire v15 v3-574g-70xl. As I use my laptop a lot at home, I would like to use it without battery, just with AC power most of the time, in order to preserve the battery. How would that be possible? The battery is not removable. Thanks.

Best regards,

Fabio 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

fabioferro78,

If you have an internal battery, then it's not practical to remove or disconnect the battery.  While it's true you might increase the overall lifespan of the battery, the risk/reward is not there.  Opening your laptop on a regular basis is too risky.  A replacement battery is typically only $40-$60 USD.  If you damage something inside your laptop, it's going to cost a lot more than that to fix.

From my experience, you'll still get a pretty good lifespan out of a battery even when the laptop is strictly used as a desktop.

Plus you have the added bonus of a builtin UPS when you keep the battery installed...... if you should suffer a power outage.  Smiley Wink

In my opinion, it's just not worth worrying about....or losing sleep over.

My advice is to remove the AC charger from the laptop at least once or twice per week and let the battery discharge to approximately 50 percent and then reconnect the AC charger.  I think if you do that...you'll be fine....imo.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fabioferro78
    fabioferro78 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks for the answer!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You're welcome.  

You can monitor your battery's health in windows too.  But no matter what you do, a battery isn't going to last forever.  I just use my laptop how I want to use it and don't worry about it.  When it's time to replace the battery....then I'll replace the battery.  Smiley Happy

http://www.howtogeek.com/217010/how-to-generate-a-battery-health-report-on-windows-8-or-windows-10/

http://www.windowscentral.com/generate-battery-report-windows-10

Others might have different opinions or tips they can share with you.

I'm not an Acer employee.