New Acer Aspire S5-371. Windows 10 Anniversary update breaks trackpad use.

Options
2»

Answers

• lifo
    lifo Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

Right now they updated BIOS for my E5 575G, but I can't see any changes. Touchpad is laggy as before. Maybe they'll update drivers and it'll finally work..

• WilliamG
    WilliamG Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options

Just updated my Aspire S5-371 to BIOS 1.05, and - no changes noticeable either here. Smiley Sad

• WilliamG
    WilliamG Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options

Bunch of driver updates today from Acer, including new Elan drivers for the trackpad.

STILL NOT FIXED. Smiley Sad

This makes me sad, since I suspect this issue will go on for a long time.

• lifo
    lifo Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

This is bad. I've no driver updates on E5-575G-53VG yet(understandable since it's different series).
    I assumed that the problem was caused by some bug in Intel IME which manages power. My touchpad behaves normally even in advanced mode, with gestures and everything, but CPU must be on load(https://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-makes-touchpad-unusable/m-p/451171#U451171).
    Since the issue is still persistend after drivers have been updated it can be problem with Windows itself or they didn't managed to implement fix in new drivers.

Anyway we have to spam Acer and wait Smiley Very Happy. At least USB mouse is working(that's no excuse for Acer ofcourse Smiley Very Happy)...