Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

wifi not working while using power cable

Dear Forum Members,

I am using Aspire V3-371. I realized lately that I cannot connect to wifi networks while using power cable.

The WiFi adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter

The device driver is up to date according to the message I get when I try to update the driver from device manager.

Since some people talk about power settings causing somewhat similar problem, I checked and changed it in multiple ways - at Hi Performance/ Balance/ Saving modes, and detailed setting for WiFi network adapter either at "Maximum Performance" or "Power Saving (Hi)" In any combination of those, I cannot connect WiFi while using power cable. When I take off the power cable and run off the battery, I can reconnect to WiFi.

I have the same problem with multiple access points, so it should not be the problem with WiFi router.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Best,

t

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Posts: 871Acer Crew Acer Crew

If wifi on AC power worked before and now it doesn't, this appears to be a hardware issue. We would recommend it be serviced to check out the mainboard.

• tw07tw07 Posts: 2Member

Dear Acer-Mary,

Thank you for your advice. I have no recollection if this trouble existed from the very beginning. Once I and my PC become ready, I will send it to repair as you suggest.

Best,

t