Acer Predator 6? Relesanse date?

HakuliSabri
HakuliSabri Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi!

I read some old topics for Predator 6, and I saw that Acer Predator 6 may be released in early summer of 2016.
But it is not released for sale yet, does anyone know when it will go on sale?

Answers

• WhistlingDixie
    WhistlingDixie Member Posts: 4 New User

Basically, never. The phone's been abandoned by Acer. They released an updated statement saying there would be a gaming-centric smartphone released by the end of Q4, but it's now the 7th of December and no release date or information of any kind.

Fool me once, shame on you Acer. Fool me twice...

• RustVoid
    RustVoid Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey there, here to drop some sad news.

Unfortunately, this phone will never see the light of day. The silence of the devs makes that pretty clear - they just want this whole thing to be forgotten.
    There were quite a few negative issues with the Predator 8 tablet, you can see some reviews here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aAo5WCR8_s

or

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/03/acer-predator-8-gaming-tablet-review-its-everything-that-nobody-wants-in-a-tablet/

The store clerk at the local tech mart telling me Predator 8 wasn't selling well kinda seals the deal. The tablet is bad - steep price, low to mediocre specs, average sound quality (despite the 4 speakers), bad battery.
    I suspect the Predator 6 would have followed a similar architecture as well, they're almost identical. So yeah, that's one reason not to release it. Even if it did deliver on the promised specs, you have another issue - if the phone (which is almost the same as the tablet) outshines the predecessor in every way, they'd basically be sealing the deal for their tablet (why buy it when Predator 6 is better).

That said, it's unlikely that Acer have scrapped it completely, they will probably try to get back in the game with another phone some time in the future but don't wait for it anytime soon: people have already spend their X-mas budget and will not buy it were it to be realeased now.

What I'm personally disgusted with is the silence. I was waiting for this device for a while even though I had to switch phones since my old one kicked the bucket. And for our patience, we're rewarded with nothing. Just for that I'm not going to buy an Acer product ever again. There are other brands out there, way cheaper and better.

• WhistlingDixie
    WhistlingDixie Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks for posting those links.

I'm right with you on Acer's silence being the real **bleep** here. I'm also most likely never going to buy an Acer product going forward because of it. How long would it have taken someone to release a statement, even just here, that the company had decided not to go forward with the concept and thank everyone for their interest? Perhaps Acer can learn from this mistake and not make it again, costing them even more potential customers down the road. I realize their enterprise business is most likely much more profitable than the consumer side (heck, my employer just bought a boatload of Acer monitors to use with thin clients), but if they're going to court our business, PR has to play a role.

Thankfully, most of the big-name players in mobile understand the role gaming plays for people and include very capable SOCs and/or GPUs in their flagship devices these days. 

• ArcZeroRed
    ArcZeroRed Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

acer are you guys going to release the predator 6 gameing smartphone for 2017 in the USA market thank you