Are 1 year old graphics drivers on my computer really up to date?

Langis
Langis Member Posts: 1 New User

I have downloaded the latest intel graphics drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 4400 on my Aspire V5-573P, however when I try to run the setup.exe as administrator, I get the message: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the apppropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." I have Windows 10 64-bit installed. According to Device Manager, my current graphics drivers are 365 days old. When I try to update them automatically, windows tells me that they're up to date.

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Do you have problems with the graphics driver? I mean it's working as expected?

So you have a custom manufacturer driver installed on your notebook and intel recommends to have these drivers since they are optimized for your system. In some cases however, the manufacutrer can "forgot" about it and leave a buggy one. There are examples of this on the forum (look for VN7-591G).

So if you really want to upgrade your graphics to the latest version from intel, redownload the graphics file from intel but not the .exe but the .zip one. Unzip somewhere on the notebook and then go to device manager--->find the intel graphics card --->right click and select update driver software--->Browse my computer ---->select the location where you unziped the drivers. It should install the drivers this way.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Do you have problems with the graphics driver? I mean it's working as expected?

So you have a custom manufacturer driver installed on your notebook and intel recommends to have these drivers since they are optimized for your system. In some cases however, the manufacutrer can "forgot" about it and leave a buggy one. There are examples of this on the forum (look for VN7-591G).

So if you really want to upgrade your graphics to the latest version from intel, redownload the graphics file from intel but not the .exe but the .zip one. Unzip somewhere on the notebook and then go to device manager--->find the intel graphics card --->right click and select update driver software--->Browse my computer ---->select the location where you unziped the drivers. It should install the drivers this way.