VN7-592G Nitro Windows 10 microphone not working

Options
Fujin
Fujin Member Posts: 2 New User

My microphone doesn't work at all. I only have the microphone array listed as a recording device. It used to work fine, but then one day just stopped working. Sometimes I get it working by playing around with settings, but most of the time it's not recording any voice (in skype, games etc). I've downloaded the latest drivers from the website (acer website) using the latest realtek drivers, but that also doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Try these steps:
    a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    b) Right click on the microphone showing up and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    d) You might also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    You can test the mic using Voice Recorder to make sure it is working within Windows.

If it worked before and now you are having problems, you might try restoring Windows back to a previous working configuration. Here is a link to those steps: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/~/windows-10%3A-how-to-restore-windows-using-alt-%2B-f10-on-startup.