A new firmware for Acer H5380BD

BigB
BigB Member Posts: 3 New User

Ok guys, I know that my question sounds a little bit weirdMan LOL. I've bought an Acer H5380BD projector. It's a pity that it hasn't the horizontal keystone (it's so useful! why you didn't put it in?Man Sad). Anyway, I don't want to give back the projector 'cause it has a good quality and I want to keep it. The vertical keystone is digital (software side I guess), so why don't you develop an upgrade firmware that make the projector able to do horizontal keystone adjustments??? I don't care that I will lost a little bit of quality, but for me it's better to have a perfect rectangle than a better quality. Avoid silly answers like "put it in front of the wall" or "hang it at the ceiling", I wouldn't have made this request if I could do it.

P.S.  Please someone give me an exhaustive answer soon 'cause my 30 days for the free returns will expire rapidlyMan Frustrated.

[post moved to the correct forum, edited out portion asking about correct forum]

Answers

• BigB

No one knows an answer? Seriusly? Oh come on, Acer developers!!! Smiley Frustrated

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hi BigB,

Have you tried disabling Auto Keystone?  It appears that it is set to Auto Keystone by default and won't let you adjust it manually unless it is disabled.

I hope that helps.

imageAcer-Jose

• BigB

Hi Jose,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunatelly I've already tried to disable the Auto-keystone but it didn't work. My problem is that the projector moved on the right side (more or less 20°) and it's not parallel to the wall. That's why I need the horizontal keystone.