Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter MISSING

cdc407
cdc407 Member Posts: 5 New User

I had to re-install windows after a crash.  When I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the

%Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

I went back to windows 8 and it wasmissing there too?  Where can I get this driver wihout paying $100???

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The link I provided downloads the drivers from Acer's support site. Did it not work when you clicked on my link?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• cdc407

OK, so there are about 5 downloads.  I tried one and I get an error message saying that windows cannot extract.  Another says I need a killer installation program.

• billsey

Probably better to just get the driver from the Acer support site, likely safer too since you never really know what else those guys install. You don't mention which model of computer you have though, so I can't look the driver up for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cdc407
    Aver aspire z3 605
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Did you try this one?

https://www.atheros-drivers.com/qualcomm-atheros-download-drivers-nr-309-with-code-3145.html

It's from atheros webpage.

You will need to go in device manager and then find your wireless driver and right click and select update drivers --> then browse the computer for the folder where you extracted the archive which you downloaded from the link above.

I hope it will work for you.

• billsey

The trick when in the Acer support page is to choose the All-in-one section, not the desktop section. The Atheros driver is here. It's the 8.1 64bit driver, but should work fine with 8 as well.

• cdc407

I do not see it.  There are only 3 drivers there.

• sharky25k

You don't see the link posted in the topic? Or you don't get that the AR5BWB222 is a Bluetooth and wireless module (both on a single card), so even if you download the Bluetooth driver it should install the wireless driver or the other way around. Also there is a possibility to select windows 8, and there you have also the wireless drivers (which you can see has exactly the same size as the Bluetooth drivers, for the reasons mentioned above).

I still think that you would have been better to search on the atheros-drivers the driver for your AR5BWB222 since it is there, is free, and it can be installed (there is no error on corrupt archive and so on).

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• cdc407

Because it downloaded some sort of driver scanning software which required a subscription for $29.99.

• sharky25k

I will eat that page if it will show you to download any software which is a driver scanner.

https://www.atheros-drivers.com/download-driver-nr-309-for-atheros-AR5BWB222-and-Windows10.html

I strongly think you never used internet before... and to be honest I use adblock and I don't see the Ads. But I disabled the adblock and it's true, there's a big ad with a download button, but you can see from the other side of the world that it has nothing to do with the drivers (i's true, probably depends on the luck what ad will kick in).

download.jpg

But obviously you did not saw any of these buttons right? 

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• billsey
    Answer ✓

The link I provided downloads the drivers from Acer's support site. Did it not work when you clicked on my link?