Acer VN7-592G NVMe support

Options
2»

Answers

• Maciej
    Maciej Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    there were more comments, but Moderator will remove them, why?
    We have a new window acronization, and an old problem, no help from the Acer site.
  • macbob
    macbob Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem.  Samsung 950 Pro doesn't show up in the BIOS, but it's there in Windows.  Windows 10 won't update to Anniversary or Creators update, failing on boot phase (0xc0000225, failed to load winload.efi). 

I HIGHLY suspect it's failing on boot phase because the BIOS (UEFI) doesn't detect or recognize NVME SSDs on startup in UEFI. If I switch to Legacy, it recognizes the SSD (N1-Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256 shows up in BIOS) but won't boot.

ACER: PLEASE update the BIOS so it will recognize the NVME SSD in UEFI. 

I have recommended ACER to three others (two went with ACER), but will no longer recommend ACER until this issue is fixed.
  • macbob
    macbob Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    This problem has been around for a long time, and ACER has shown no interest in fixing the BIOS so it will detect/identify M.2 NVMe SSD cards.

Hope ACER realizes that the treatment of their customers will effect future purchases.  I will not be buying ACER and will be recommending people avoid ACER in the future.
  • blackhat-
    blackhat- Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Windows Update 1803 is available. Guess what!? Same error again.
    I'm gonna sell the Samsung 950 Pro. Thanks for nothing. NVME support... hah! Never again.
  • micael
    micael Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    I can verify that after performing a clean installation on the 850 EVO 1TB and leaving the 950PRO as secondary, the update to 1803 was successful.

• Maciej
    Maciej Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I also have to buy second disc, and unfortunately 950PRO i use as a secondary.

VN7-592G: NX.G6JEP.004 - maybe do you know which will be the best ssd disc fit to this model ? 

Thanks for help.

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have a VN7-592G-747C with 1TB+8GB (hybrid drive). Does this mean my M.2 slot is empty?

I am confused if I should buy NVMe or stay safe and buy Sata 3?
  • micael
    micael Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Initially I installed the OS on a 950PRO keeping the 1TB disk as secondary. With that setup the machine could not update Windows to latest version. I changed my configuration, bought an 850Evo 1TB SSD as primary, and use the 950PRO as secondary. Since then the machine works without any issues
  • selinabqq
    selinabqq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm on my second they couldnt fix the first one disk runs 100% nearly all the time.

Tajirqq

• jboonemct
    jboonemct Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I switch to Legacy, it recognizes the SSD N1-Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256 shows up in BIOS but won't boot.

Primary Care Physician McKinney