Aspire T3-710 upgrade Memory

Dave3
Dave3 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

My computer came with 8 GB of RAM and I want to upgrade to 16 GB.

Do I need a new 2x8GB chip set?

What are the specs? Is this 1600Mhz DDR3 or something else?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Dave3

First 10 characters of S/N =  DTB1HAA011

• laurent_14

Hello,

Your desktop supports up to 32Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x16Gb). You have actually one module of 8Gb (Hynix or Kingston). Could you check the brand of the module with HWiNFO64 portable version (no installation)?

France
  • TUNA
    TUNA Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

My First 10 characters of S/N =  DTB1HAA010. It is different from other in the last number.

Is it the same situation? I find from http://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/DT.B1HAA.010, where says the maximum memory is 16GB. Can I use DDR4L? Thank you.

• laurent_14

Hi Tuna,

No you can't install DDR4 memory but only DDR3L -1600MHz as all T3-710 models.

France
  • TUNA
    TUNA Member Posts: 2 New User

Can I use 16*2=32Gb? or only 16Gb?

• laurent_14

Hi Tuna,

I need a bit of time. There is apparently a mistake in the official document about the maximum memory amount 16 or 32Gb. I will give you the right answer in the week. Smiley Frustrated

France
  • Dave3

I am still waiting to find out how to increase my internal memory. Attached is a photo of the DIMM that came with the T3-710 I purchased. I would like to go to 16GB.DDR Memory in T3-710.jpg

• laurent_14

Hi Dave3,

16Gb no probems. As you already have a Kingston module, I suggest you to buy another Kingston. Here is the link. I'm waiting the answer about the maxi amount of 32Gb.

France
  • sacchin
    sacchin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi my serial number is DTB1HEK0185**********
    I have an Acer Aspire T3-710 with 16GB RAM as standard, i7-6700
    Can I upgrade my RAM to 32GB?
  • sacchin said:
    Hi my serial number is DTB1HEK0185**********
    I have an Acer Aspire T3-710 with 16GB RAM as standard, i7-6700
    Can I upgrade my RAM to 32GB?
    Hi,
    That's the maximum memory, you can not upgrade it further.
  • torks
    torks Member Posts: 1 New User
    My computer came with 8 GB of RAM and I want to upgrade to 16 GB or 32GB.
    My S/N is DTB1HET008
    Can I upgrade my RAM to 16 GB or32GB?
    Thanks

• coolhandluke11
    coolhandluke11 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi guys i need a little help,ive just bought another 8gb ram of the exact same as the first 8gb and it wont work in the second slot.both ram sticks work in the first slot but nothing in the second slot ( the bios has a constant beep when only using the second slot).
    Things ive done are reflashed bios,ran windows memory diagnostics,removed and reseated while powered on,(this worked in my old predator pc to detect new ram).
    cpu z is showing the slot as empty.so its either a windows problem or a bios issue.i have two t3 710 motherboards and both have the same issue.im out of ideas.im on the latest bios.B1.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @coolhandluke11 you should start your own thread so you can mark it solved when you get your answer, only the original poster can mark it. When you do that, make sure you have the full model number (T3-710-xxxx) and detailed info on the memory you are trying (DDR3 or DDR3L, speed, size). If you can also look at the stock memory to make sure we're talking apples and apples.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • coolhandluke11
    coolhandluke11 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    Ill make a new thread if i find the solution.its a bios bug for certain.both 8gbram sticks work in the first slot.on a cmos reset it only detects 8gb ram single channel on BOTH t3 motherboards.not having bios options is truly annoying.im turning away from oem and there faulty bios.this is not the first time ive had unfixable issues with them.
  • qetzel
    qetzel Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Hi, this is my first posting in this forum :-). I bought an ASPIRE T3-710 in 2018 with 4Gbytes of RAM installed as base and only the one slot for more RAM. Not knowing much about the subject, I bought a new card which doesn't fit because the notch is in the wrong place :-(. Now I see from this forum that I should be getting DDR3L -1600MHz (as opposed to the DDR4 which I rashly bought). I'm anxious now not to make any more stupid errors. Could someone recommend an exact card I could buy which would be guaranteed to work? The first part of the serial number of the original Kingston 4Gbyte card is ACR16D3LU and of my PC is DTB1HEH017, if that helps. Many thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @qetzel as with the last poster, you need to open a new thread with your question. Give us the same information and we can look up both the specs and suggest the more specific part numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear Qetzel,

One way to avoid mistake is to take the original memory stick out and take it to the store. Have the salesperson match the exact same memory for you.
  • qetzel
    Thanks but I need to buy online
  • qetzel
    In any case I started a new thread as recommended