Tumblr videos not loading

Options
Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire E5-521-23KH with Windows 10 x64, and am using Firefox 47.0.1.

Not sure when exactly this started happening, but on Tumblr almost all of the embedded videos won't load for me. I'll click play, it acts like it's buffering, then it'll either say the video failed to load or will simply disappear like there wasn't a video there to begin with. I basically have to go to the page where the video was posted, get to see a couple seconds of the video before it disappears, refresh, skip to where I left off, and watch a few more seconds before it disappears again.

Youtube/Vimeo/any other website videos work just fine, this just seems to happen with Tumblr specifically.

I'm using wifi, and my phone can view these videos just fine without any issue, so I think there's something wrong with my laptop itself.

My Avast antivirus didn't find anything when I scanned it, and windows update isn't showing that I need to update anything. Not sure what the issue could be; I'd appreciate any help/tips!