Aspire E1-572G - Windows 10 shutdown and restart problems

Options
Delzar
Delzar Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello!

I bought this laptop a while ago, like almost 2 years or probably more. It was pretty powerful back then, and I was very pleased with it. So when Windows 10 came out I upgraded, everything went fine, but i made a mistake.

I used a program that automatically updates drivers and it downloaded one that wasn't meant for my PC. Ever since then my Acer won't shut down entirely (the screen goes black, but the leds stay on, the hard disc keeps spinning) and also restarts quite slowly with a big clicking noise as it stops the HDD and restarts it which shouldn't happen in my expirience. Although all of this only happens if I play for a while, watch videos and do stuff.

I tried reinstalling each driver, reinstalling Windows, every fix on the internet I could find but all of it wouldn't help.

I even replaced my HDD with an SSD, reinstalled completely windows on it, so everything new an clean, bought an optical bay caddy so I can replace my DVD writer with the TOSHIBA HDD. Even then it wouldn't work. Reinstalled BIOS driver, still nothing.

I don't know what to try anymore, I really need your help, guys!

Best Answer

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm assuming you have Haswell-ULT. Most people use the Windows 8.1 Intel Management Engine Interface driver as a workaround for the sleep/hang, shutdown/hang issue in Windows 10.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Delzar
    Options

All right I'm going to give it a shot. I'll write back if it works or not.

• Delzar
    Options

I played for 3 hours + AFK time, I shut it down and it really shut down. Afterwards I played and watched videos for another 3 hours and it shut down again properly.

So I guess it's working now, thank you for the help.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

You're welcome. 

I'm not an Acer employee.