VN7-592G-767Q

deepalelkaduwa
deepalelkaduwa Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi All,

Well I have bought a VN7-592G-767Q and want to upgrade, I'm thinking of installing a M.2 SSD and was wondering if what type of M.2 drive is compatible with the mother board. Is it SATA III or PCIe. 

I also want to upgrade the RAM as well I was thinking of getting the Kingston HyperX 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM kit. Will this be compatible and give me the performance, if not can any one recommend the RAM's that will be compatible with this laptop.

Also if you guys have can I get the a link to download the exact detailed technical manual of the laptop.

Thanks for the help in advance much appreciated.

Thanks

Deepal 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,996 Trailblazer

Hello,

1. SSD
      Here are the original SSDs:
      Spoiler
      KN.2560A.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Toshiba M.2 2280 SATA III)
      KN.2560B.021FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)
      KN.5120B.029FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)
      KN.5120B.030FLASH.DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 PCIE Gen3x4)
      KN.5120L.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Lite-on M.2 2280 SATA III)
      From chipset to M.2 connector: SATA III + PCIe X4

2. Compatible memory modules
      Kingston
    France
  • deepalelkaduwa
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Well if the connection supports can I use PCIe×4 ssd rather than a SATA III which will be much faster
  • deepalelkaduwa
    Hi,

I was wondering if the PCIe support is there can I use a NVMe ssd like the samsung 950 pro. Rather than the 850 pro.

Is the NVMe protocol supported on VN7-592G-767Q.

Thanks in advance
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,996 Trailblazer

Hello,

KN.5120B.030: Samsung MZVPV512HDGL (SM951 series) - 512GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • deepalelkaduwa
    NXG6JSG006 these are the digits
  • deepalelkaduwa
    Well if the NVME protocol is supported I think the motherboard will support the samsung 950 pro if u can look into it it wI'll help me a lot thanks
  • vsin116
    vsin116 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Is there an answer to this question? I have the same query as the original poster but for a slightly different model VN7-592G-753J (yet to be purchased and depending on the answer to this).

ACER telephone support is of no use and they do not know the answer. This is the first source that at least mentions PCIe.

• deepalelkaduwa
    Well no help from acer. But we'll what I'm thinking is that the protocol is the same on the recommendation by as as it is on the Samsung 950 pro.
    What I'm thinking now is because there is no response front acer, I'll take a risk and get the Samsung 950 pro and see if I can boot from that drive. So fingers crossed it'll work.
    I'll let you know if it works or not.
  • deepalelkaduwa
    You have to update the bios for the PCIe support out of the box the PCIe support is not there
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Since there is a single BIOS for all VN7-592G all models of these series support NVMe protocol (VN7-592G-XXXX). You don't need to update BIOS for it. A BIOS update was made to resolve the speed capping of the NVMe protocol which was for some reason capped at 1.5 GB/s

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Why-is-the-M2-PCIE-slot-speed-capped-to-1-5GBs-VN7-592G-71ZL/m-p/394275#M6242

• deepalelkaduwa
    Hey all,

I updated my bios to the 1.12 but nw it's not recognising the Samsung evo 960 as the boot devict and when I try to boot it by the windows installation drive, it just stays on the acer logo page. If anyone knows why this is and a way to fix it please let me know.

Thank you in advance
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,073 Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you tried in Legacy mode in BIOS settings? If you haven't, go to BIOS, switch to Legacy mode and try to boot, there are different motherboards for this model, so it's very difficult to say whether you have NVMe support but please wait for some experienced members' response or you could try contacting the Acer support in your region.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• deepalelkaduwa
    It supports the NVME protocol, because it was working before the bios update. It's after the update it kept not getting recognised. Now the BIOS recognise the ssd bit Windows doesn't recognise it at all. I tried to reinstall windows as well but Windows doesn't recognise the drive at all now. Now I can't use the drive at all.

If anyone knows how to clean format the ssd without going into Windows at all, tried diskpart as well by the system doesn't recognise the drive.

Thank you in advance