Predator G3-710 gets no signal when connected to a monitor

Options
JacobHG
JacobHG Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

I got my new Predator G3-710 that i orderd and got yesterday! And I bought a AOC monitor at the store here in Sweden, when i plugged the monitor to the desktop it said no signal, I tried to connect it with both a DP cable and a HDMI cable, i have tested two different HDMI cables just to be sure it is not the cables, one of them I bought yesterday but still not working. There is two diffrent DP and HDMI ports on the desktop, and I have tried both the DP ports on the desktop and one of the HDMI ports, because the HDMI port on the graphic card is coverd so u cant plugg it in or remove the cover but the DP had a cover on the grapgich card that you were able to remove, and I have tried them all but it still says no signal, so today i went to the store and turn back the monitor and bought a new monitor just to be sure it was not the desktop the problem is with, so I bought a new monitor and an Acer monitor, but it still did not work, it said no signal still. I dont know what to do...

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I'm not familiar with your computer or monitor, but is there a menu button on your monitor that will allow you to switch to the correct input?

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14950/~/how-do-i-switch-between-the-vga-and-dvi-input-signals-on-my-monitor%3F

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    Options

Here's a link to your manual too.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• JordanB
    Options
  • thedefilier
    thedefilier Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem where my dp port isnt aparrently working, because my computer doesnt get a signal from my monitor and monitor says no signal is coming from computer (even though they are plugged in).

i just upgraded my monitor from one that uses the dvi port on the computer (that works) to a 'Dell UltraSharp U2715H' that has dp, but it doesnt work. i am using a mini dp to dp cable that came with the monitor, but that shouldnt matter (let me know if this is the problem, instead of the dp). the monitor's hdmi works with my ps4 so i dont think its the monitor thats not working. i updated my nvidia drivers aswell, didnt help. i cant try updating the monitors drivers because it doesnt get a signal.

hopefully you guys can help me

• christope13
    christope13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

HI,

I JUST GOT MY NEW ACER PREDATOR G6 AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE HDMI.

NO SIGNAL ALWAYS SHOWS ON MY MONITOR. HELP PLEASE.

THANKS

• DEW123
    DEW123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the G6-710 Having the same issue with the DP ports not working. They did work until about 2 weeks ago. I worked with Acer tech support. They want me to send them my PC. Looks like they are having several issues with this. I just pulled the video card. It is a PNY Geforce GTX970. I had a Nvdia Geforce GTX970 on hand. No comparison. I paid alot of money for this. Never again.

• Jesse606
    Jesse606 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just got my Acer Predator G3-710 and also have the same problem. Does the computer need to be returned?
  • GeePee
    GeePee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem New G3 and New LG 4K monitor.  Neither HDMI or DP port work.  Monitor is not visible.
    Seems like there is a common issue here with no apparent solution.
    Has anyone found a fix?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The ports marked 10 & 11 in this picture will not work when there's a GPU card installed. You need to be plugging into the GPU. Note that depending on which SKU you have the ports on the card will likely be different than shown here as 3.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.