Bluetooth, Camera and SD card reader stopped working at same time, incorrect drivers on acer site

Zephyrv
Zephyrv Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Brand new Acer Aspire VN7-791 i bought late last year. 

My camera, bluetooth and SD card reader all don't work. I tried reinstalling drivers and that didn't help, as the camera drivers online are for the new model Intel RealSense camera, the bluetooth seems to be bundled with the wifi drivers and wifi works but bluetooth doesn't, and I just tried my SD card reader which doesn't work either. I'm sending my laptop in for other repairs soon but am worried they'd reject this as a software issue and charge me for it.

Answers

• norvell84
    norvell84 Member Posts: 9 New User

I have a Gateway desktop that has done the same thing (Gateway DX4870-ub318)  My bluetooth is part of my Wi-Fi so when I isntaleld the manufacturerer drivers from Gateway the Bluetooth that is installed with the wifi does nto work only the wifi.
    I pug my sd card in the hole at the top and nothing happens!!  I have tried drivers for windows 8 x64 and WIndows 8.1 x64  neither works, I had formatted when I bought it to remove 8.1 and replace it with 8 that I had bought from microsoft, IT still worked for at least 3 years, I am not sure what is going on, Did you figure it out?

• Zephyrv
    Zephyrv Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hey, I sent mine in to Acer and it came back working. Here's a thread where I explain a bit about what happened http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Camera-Driver-VN7-592G/td-p/436495/page/2