Acer Aspire E15

wujekstasio
wujekstasio Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought this computer few months ago and i have question about Windows 8.1 serial key. Where do I find that key? Because after I refreshed computer i got message about Windows activation. I can't change lock screen for example. Before i was able to do that. Please help. (sorry for my english)

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To help you activate your Windows 8.1 Operating System copy depends on how you acquired your copy of Windows?
    - If you purchased Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key should be on a label inside the box it came in.
    - If you bought a new PC with Windows, the product key will be pre–installed on your PC and your PC will automatically be activated. The product key should be included with the packaging the PC came in, or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the PC. If you bought a digital copy of Windows from a Microsoft website, the product key should be in the confirmation email you received after buying it.

There are 2 alternate methods to activate you Windows Operating System, please find the link given below and follow step-by-step instructions mentioned on ‘Activate Windows 8.1’:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15083/windows-how-to-activate

You can also directly contact ‘Microsoft Volume Licensing Activation Centers’ from the link given below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx

Hope this will help you.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

wujekstasio wrote:

I bought this computer few months ago and i have question about Windows 8.1 serial key. Where do I find that key? Because after I refreshed computer i got message about Windows activation. I can't change lock screen for example. Before i was able to do that. Please help. (sorry for my english)

The key is usually stored in the UEFI BIOS on newer machines. Likely you just have to reactivate Windows, which only requires a network connection. Open your charm bar, select the search icon and type activate. That should get you into the process...

Now, if you swapped the HD with a new one and installed Windows from scratch, the key won't be there. In that case you should use one of the tools to read it from the BIOS and then type that key in for the new drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.