So why exactly does Acer not offer LCD replacement on the XB271HU??????

Watercooler
Watercooler Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

If there is anyone on here that can suggest anything or help me at all it would be much appreciated. 

Some of us have kids and pets running around and accidents happen. I have a crack in the LCD panel of my XB271HU that is only visible when the screen is turned on. 

I called Acer to set up a repair. Guess what? They don't offer any type of screen replacement for this $730 flagship monitor. I told them I have no problem paying whatever it costs to replace it and they said that they can't help me and that I would just need to buy a new one. 

I found that the LCD part number is m270dan02.6, but no one in the world seems to carry it. I've been sitting here making calls all day and no one has it. I've searched many international websites and have found other variants of the m270dan02 displays, but none that is m270dan02.6.

So I guess I'm out of luck. I can't get myself to drop another $700 for another one. 

Moral of the story, lock up this monitor when it's not in use if you have any other living creatures in your home. If anything happens to it you will toss all that money out of the window. This monitor still has all the protective plastic on it and is in mint condition. Just a small crack in the screen and now it's completely useless. Just an expensive paperweight.

If any Acer reps on here can help with this it would really be appreciated. I'm seriously dissapointed that I saved all that money to buy this only for the monitor to be useless. 

Answers

• Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

They do if the panel is defective. I had a panel replaced by them that was defective. now my new panel is becoming defective as well. as for your situation if its accidental it wont fall under warranty repair. The labor and the cost wouldn't be worth it to you or them. The panel is where the cost is at. I would suggest just buying a new one and when you get it buy an accidental damage plan. That way if this were to happen the store would replace it. I believe microcenter has these plans.

• Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

heres the panel that comes in the xb271hu. if you are handy and think you can replace it yourself.
    http://www.panelook.com/modelsearch.php?keyword=m270dan02.6