Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire V3-571G battery replacement

CoerCoer Posts: 5Member
edited February 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming

Hello,

I am in need to change my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop's battery. There are 10.8V, 4400mAh / 48Wh parameters on original battery and I want to replace with battery having 11.1V, 4400mAh / 49Wh parameters. Will I have any issues with new battery? Is it safe for my laptop? Will it do any damage to my laptop?

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,914ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

For information, here are the part numbers of the original batteries:

Spoiler
    BT.00603.124BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAh (Sanyo)
    BT.00604.049BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (Sony)
    BT.00605.072BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (Panasonic)
    BT.00607.126BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (LG Chemical)
    BT.00607.127BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (LG Chemical)
    BT.00607.136BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (LG Chemical)
    BT.00607.137BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4.mAH (LG Chemical)
    BT.0060G.001BATTERY.LI-ION.6C.4K4mAH (LG Chemical)
  • CoerCoer Posts: 5Member

I can not find my battery here. Also provided information not very helpful. My battery model AS10D81

What are the first ten characters located under the barcode of the original battery?

BT0060G001

So it is the last one in my list:

FYI, BT0060G001... is BT.0060G.001 (P/N). You could contact one of the service centers and request a quote for a new battery.

But that is not what I asked for. My main question is, is there any difference between 10.8V, 4400mAh / 48Wh battery and 11.1V, 4400mAh / 49Wh battery? 

• sharky25ksharky25k Posts: 473Member Skilled Practitioner

Hi,

I think it's obvious that there is a difference no? I mean it's a voltage difference, and I am not sure if the voltage regulators which are on the computer will be happy even with slightly higher voltages. You can ask an electric engineer, but I think it could be an issue. Why you don't stick with the original battery type?

Hi sharky25k,

I am just considering the possibility of buying slightly different battery, I haven't bought it yet. Original battery is more expensive than viewed type. I guess I should buy original battery because I don't want any problems or issues to my laptop in the future.

• sharky25ksharky25k Posts: 473Member Skilled Practitioner

I can understand the issue and I don't say that you should buy the original one but the voltage difference is there.

While most of the batteries go above the stated voltage when they are fully charged (EG: mine is rated 11.4 V at full charge is 12.7 V) and you can argue that due to this reason a slightly higher voltage would not cause any issue, I cannot be sure of this. What would be the full charge voltage of the original battery and the other one? Would your system still be able to handle it?

I think to this question just an electrical engineer can answer to you, or somebody who tried out this situation personally.

• Govindzha65Govindzha65 Posts: 1Member New User
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    I am in need to change my Acer Aspire V3-471 laptop's battery.May I get the link for original battery for my laptop?I want to buy new battery.