Predator G9-791 4k resolution BSOD Event code 41 NEED HELP!

Options
dstachnik
dstachnik Member Posts: 12 New User

Hey guys, new to the forums and seeking for some help. Recently purchased this laptop few months ago and been having the BSOD TDR VIDEO FAILURE.

Drivers should be all updated, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction after debugging this event summary.

BSOD happens completely randomly as well, i can be playing a game and happens, or i can be typing myresearch paper. Really starting to get under my skin.

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>3</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-11T17:38:31.906656200Z" />
  <EventRecordID>8577</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>LAPTOP-RI2QGJ34</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">278</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffe001dcfe4320</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff801e6a767b4</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffffffffc000009a</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x4</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

PC1.png
 PC2.png
PC3.png
If anything else is needed to help me out on this i would appericate it. Probably will try a clean install of windows and see if that does anything.

Answers

• dstachnik
    Options

No help on this?

• AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User
    Options

I am no expert on this issue, but after doing some research about it, i have a possible fix that many people reported it successfully worked for them, give it a try and keep me updated on daily basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZ6DHYoL5c

UPDATE: i looked on other website more than 23 user reported that the fix above solved their issue...

this problem has something to do with nvidia drivers, try also to look in nvidia community you might find an answer.

• dstachnik
    Options

Thanks for the reply and pointing me in a directon.

However, the video you sent me was fixing the TDR failure (igdkmd64.sys)

I am recieving the (nvlddmkm.sys)

• AJ-KW
    Options

According to my search that just conducted, this is a very old problem from Windows 8.1 or mostly with the people who upgraded from 8.1 to 10, i can't find a confirmed fix, but i need information like which windows version you are running 8.1 or 10, if you didn't change your manufacture setup you should be on the windows 10, so ignore this part

this is the post from nvidia community, which has no fix ( you can use it as referance ):

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/729041/video_tdr_failure-nvlddmkm-sys-/

Possible fix from microsoft:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.

2. If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

1. If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.

3. If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):
    net user test <password> /add
    net localgroup Administrators test /add

4. This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Method 2: Temporarily Prevent a Windows or driver update

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Please refer to the below article “How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10” and follow the steps and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-videotdrfailure-nvlddmkmsys-video-tdr/1719728a-e5dd-4d5f-93e2-e3497e193aad?auth=1

42 user reported that this fix worked for them

more information:

Some of following software issues are examples that can cause a TDR event:

• Incompatible drivers
    • Corrupted registry
    • Known vista issues resounding around multiple displays, aero, dreamscape, and various display drivers.
    • Known vista issues that sometimes cause corrupt information to be sent to the video card from system memory (will be addressed completely in SP2, has had various fixes applied since vista’s release)
    • Corrupted Direct X files
    • Corrupted System Files

Now if it’s not software then it’s time to replace your card.

Some of following hardware issues are examples that can cause a TDR event:

• Failing overclock on CPU or GPU
    • Bad sector in memory resulting in corrupt data being communicated between GPU and the system (either video or system memory)
    • Corrupt hard drive/windows install resulting in corruption to the system registry or the page file
    • Over heating of GPU or CPU again resulting in corrupt data being communicated.
    • GPU failure due to any sort of issue from insufficient power(VERY common) to heat.

source: http://captaindbg.com/bug-check-0x116-video_tdr_error-troubleshooting-tips/

• dstachnik
    Options

Thanks again for the quick reply.

There was a few things i did. I ended up going to nvidia control panel and put the power management mode to "prefer maximum performance"

Also went to power opition in windows 10 and put to high performance.

Ill keep you update and see how this goes.

• dstachnik
    Options

I want to say this is a comfirmed fix for me.

However, im going to update this post in a day or 2 after some gaming.

• AJ-KW
    Options

Sweet, i am glad this worked for you, keep me updated, i'll be around here as usual Smiley Happy

• Technoknecht
    Technoknecht Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    did u get it fixed completly? i got this error .. Smiley Sad
  • dstachnik
    Options

i did not fix it completely. I still recieve the error...

• Technoknecht
    Technoknecht Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

i send it to acer last week, i will get a new Mainboard Cpu and GPU, Smiley Happy