Original AC adapter/charger for Acer laptops

hardycious
hardycious Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, everyone.

I have been looking for a new AC adapter as a replacement for my Acer laptop. These days, you come across lots of online stores and websites and, although they offer accessories promising to be genuine, sometimes it' is hard to tell if it is original or fake. At least, regarding AC adapters, it is quite difficult.

I have read different blogs and people sometimes tend to say whatever they think is correct but, once again, you can trust 100% unless you are talking to experts. I would like you to confirm or refute the following:

Is it true that genuine adapters for ACER laptops are NEVER manufactured or branded as "ACER" and that they are ALWAYS manufactured by other companies (HiPRO, Lite-ON, etc.)?  I'm asking this because I have seen photos of sellers claiming the adapters they offer are original but you can kind of see that the label on the upper part of the charger has two different brands. They have the Lite-On and Acer logos showing on the same label, which I think is weird.

I would really appreciate it if you could help and provide more ideas on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Hardy E