Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

My aspire R3-471 rarely charges while it's on.

I apologize if this question was already asked,but I couldn't find anything with my specific issue. My laptop occasionally charges while on, but for the most part will show X% available(plugged in,not charging). When I put the laptop to sleep however, it charges fully in about a hour and a half(I only know because the orange charge indicator turns blue when charged). I had a problem earlier in the year when the laptop didn't charge at all, to which acer diagnosed as a charger port issue. However, when the laptop was sent in, all they did was change the battery. I went to a local shop that tested out the original chargers voltage, and they gave me the new charger I'm using now.Is there anything I can do about this issue without a warranty?Fee lfree to ask me anything about either charger.

FAQ & Answers