Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire R7 can not boot when Battery plug on

My R7 works ok when remove the battery and plug power cable.

R7 power led on, screen black (no post screen) when battery plugged only and NO power cable.

R7 power led on, screen black (no post screen) when battery plugged only and power cable plugged.

R7 works ok when NO battery and power cable plugged.

Question:

1. Is it battery death only, I need to buy a battery and verything will ok (Acer service engineer said so but he do not have a good battery to test and prove it)?

2. Is some component break on mother board, like power management module?

I am afraid that I buy a battery and the problem still there?

Who can help me!!!

Answers

• philetusphiletus Posts: 4,400ACE
    Accepted Answer

If it was me, I would suspect the battery enough to buy one. I think if it was power management Hardware, it wouldn't work on power either.

• joewang12joewang12 Posts: 2Member

I accept it as one of the solution but I still wonder there is something wrong on power management component.

I had a very old Acer Travol Mate Notebook. it is still working with/without a bad battery plug on.

I buy a new battery now and works fine. hope nothing wrong because my warrant will expire on next couple of days.