Acer Liquid X2 5GHz WiFi support?

Options
375033 Member Posts: 14 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

I couldn`t find any information about 5 GHz band WiFi support in the device specifications.

I switched OFF the 2,4 GHz band on my router and left ON only 5GHz, then my Acer Liquid X2 lost a WiFi signal. On the same time other my devices continue to work with 5 GHz, so there is no doubt that the router is OK.

In the Engineer menu of Acer Liquid X2 I found this page, here stated that 5 GHz IS supported (I made this screenshot while the smartphone was connected to 2,4 MHz WiFi, so don`t pay attention to the Wi-Fi state and Wi-Fi icon in the upper status line).

Screenshot_2016-05-20-20-30-21[1].jpg

So how can I switch ON the 5 GHz support?

Build number is Acer_AV0l0_S59_1/037.00_AAP_GEN1.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I do not show that this model supports 5Ghz. I show it only supports 2.4Ghz. Can you please provide your serial number, so I can verify this? I show this phone has an Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, which does not support 5Ghz.

Options

S/N [edited for privacy]

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

That does not look like a valid Acer serial number. Can you attach a screenshot or see if there is an SNID on your device?

Options

Forum`s rules forbidding to show my private information such as IMEI, S\N and so on. But why do you need these information, if you are an Acer`s technician, you have to know the Liquid X2 model`s specifications  without the serial number.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Specifications vary by model, which is why I asked for your specific serial number.  According to my information, this model uses an 802.11 b/g/n wireless chip that does not support 5Ghz. 

• desmond_maughan
    desmond_maughan Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi,

How can I check my serial number supports 5GHz please?

Thanks in advance