Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How to deactivate touch screen of a laptop?

The screen of my laptop is cracked and the touch screen feature is jammed. I can not type in my laptop password and so I can not deactivate the touch screen feature. The cursor keeps on going around the screen. 

Is there a way to deactivate the touch screen feature without logging in? Can I deactivate the touch screen with just the hard ware or the keyboard short cuts? 

I was able to use the laptop before even with the cracked screen as I was able to deactivate the touch screen feature. But when I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the touch screen feature went back again. How do I deactivate it again?

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,331Administrator Community Administrator

You can delete the device out of device manager to disable it.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30046

• carmela2627carmela2627 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for your response. However I can't get through with the laptop password. I can't get inside my computer because the cursor keeps on going around the screen and I can't type my password.
    Is there any way that I can disable the touch screen through a different hardware? Like a short cut key that I can type in the keyboard without going through the screen? Is there such a thing?
  • carmela2627carmela2627 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for your response. @Acer-Blayn However I can't get through with the laptop password. I can't get inside my computer because the cursor keeps on going around the screen and I can't type my password.
    Is there any way that I can disable the touch screen through a different hardware? Like a short cut key that I can type in the keyboard without going through the screen? Is there such a thing?
  • Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,331Administrator Community Administrator

Sorry, but I do not know how to disable the touch input without going into Windows. Maybe someone else in the community has had experience doing this?