Predator XB271HU G-Sync on?

Options
kelvint21x
kelvint21x Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi, I just got my monitor (XB271HU) and followed the instructions to "turn" on G-Sync. The thing is how do i know is turned on? Windows mode, gaming mode (full screen) still shows blue LED. I'm using Geforce GTX980 Ti. Need help & thanks!

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi kelvint21x,

I actually ran into this with someone who had it this feature on and wanted it off. You can follow these steps and Nvidia has the open to turn an indicator on. On the left side of the screen an overlay will appear.

• Right click on your desktop
    • Select NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Select Display on the top tool bar
    • Toggle G-SYNC Indicator

Hope this helps.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi kelvint21x,

I actually ran into this with someone who had it this feature on and wanted it off. You can follow these steps and Nvidia has the open to turn an indicator on. On the left side of the screen an overlay will appear.

• Right click on your desktop
    • Select NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Select Display on the top tool bar
    • Toggle G-SYNC Indicator

Hope this helps.

Cory

• Pereb
    Pereb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Alternatively you can use the monitor's "Refresh rate num" feature.

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Pereb wrote:

Alternatively you can use the monitor's "Refresh rate num" feature.

I'm not familiar with this. I know you can turn on the refresh rate display, but you don't have to have g-sync enabled for this feature. Am I missing something?

Cory

• kelvint21x
    kelvint21x Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey Cory,

Thanks for your help. Manage to find the G-Sync indicator. The thing is when i turned it on, the "G-Sync ON" word will just stay there? Seems it won't go away. Again, thanks for your help & Cheers!

• Pereb
    Pereb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

If Gsync is not enabled, the number shown is always that of the refresh rate the monitor is set at. If Gsync is enabled it will match the framerate.

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Pereb wrote:

If Gsync is not enabled, the number shown is always that of the refresh rate the monitor is set at. If Gsync is enabled it will match the framerate.

Makes sense, good point.

@kelvint21x Yes, that method will always be on but you can ensure that it is turning on properly, disable the notification and game away. Smiley Happy

• HomieX
    HomieX Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I'd like to se a screenshot of where to turn the G-Sync indicator on cause i cant find it in my NVidia controllpanel...

/Homie

G-Sync.png