I can't reboot my Acer Aspire VN7-571G

MJLuciferMJLucifer Member Posts: 1

The other day the taskbar on my computer started to not work from time to time, and at times it went completely black and I couldn't access it at all, but it eventually came back. After that when I right-click on things in the taskbar nothing happens, and sometimes when I left-click that doesn't work either and the whole taskbar and everything on it disappear. And I guess that all of this has to do with my graphic driver not working.

Today I turned off the network connection because the internet was bad and I wanted to restart it, but then I couldn't turn it on again because when I left-clicked on it normally nothing happened or showed up.

I now tried to reset the computer in hopes of that the things start working again but when I try to reset it, it keeps stopping at 16%, and it doesn't say anything, it just goes back to the log-in screen that you have after you start your computer.

Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to fix it? Please help!

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Try doing a hard reset. Unplug and turn it upside down. Find the tiny hole in the bottom and using a paper clip, gently press into the hole until you feel a click and hold it for 5 seconds. Plug in power cord and try it.